Join our Team
Position Announcement – AmeriCorps: Financial Stability Project Coordinator
Individuals with disabilities strongly encouraged to apply
The Washington Access Fund offers a unique opportunity for cutting edge work with a small but dedicated staff!
About Washington Access Fund
The Washington Access Fund is a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (“CDFI”) established by and for individuals with disabilities. We help people with disabilities in Washington and Oregon purchase Assistive Technology and achieve independence.
Through collaborating with local, state and national partners, (WDCs in King and Snohomish County, WA State Employment Security Department, and the Department of Labor, to name a few) the Washington Access Fund will offer financial stability and capability services to people with disabilities, including those engaged in Career Pathways programs in King and Snohomish County—This project is designed to increase the financial knowledge, improve the rate of saving, lower debt, increase credit scores, and enhance the ability to meet financial goals for the individuals we will work with.
The project work will include the provision of disability specific training to financial counselors, the administration of financial well-being assessments to people with disabilities, and the provision of financial classes, financial counseling, and disability benefits counseling. We will carry out this work over the next three years. Project staff will broaden the Access Fund’s capacity for credit-related services and will facilitate marketing and cross agency communication and referrals.
Additionally, this project will support our offering of useful financial products such as credit builder loans and matched savings accounts as well as offering clients additional training or counseling on credit score enhancement beyond that typically offered in financial education courses. For IDA participants who indicate that they want to improve their credit scores we will offer a loan after they have been saving for at least one year and are on target to meet their savings goal. This will allow them to purchase their assistive technology more quickly and allow us to report a positive payment history to credit bureaus as they pay back the loan. Staff will be trained in credit score enhancement to help us better serve our borrowers as well.
This position is contingent on funding.
- Perform essential outreach activities to inform people with disabilities about opportunities for increasing financial capabilities.
- Facilitate collaboration between partners in delivery of financial capability services to people with disabilities.
- Perform financial well-being assessments and client intake and referral functions.
- Inform existing clients of opportunities for training and services to improve financial capability.
- Consult with clients as they progress in matched savings program and carry out their financial service plans.
- Help clients in assistive technology training and purchase of assistive technology.
- Develop and conduct client surveys to monitor progress. Perform Data entry and survey analysis.
- Age Requirement: 18-25
- Four-year college degree or three or more years relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
- Well-developed interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse constituent population.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to travel to partner organizations.
- Experience with assistive technology desirable.
- Experience with financial education or coaching desirable.
Salary and Benefits
AmeriCorps stipend of $1,195 per month; Health coverage; Childcare (if eligible); $5,775 Education Award; Student loan forbearance and interest accrual payment on qualifying student loans; Training.
Full-time, temporary AmeriCorps Position with potential for permanent position.
Term of Service
September 1, 2016 through July 31 2017
Fill out AmeriCorps Application online – https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=61917&fromSearch=true
July 13, 2016
Please don’t hesitate to contact Deputy Director Emerson Sekins with questions. 206-328-5116 or email@example.com.