A world where all people with disabilities have access to the resources they need to fully participate and thrive in our communities.
We offer people with disabilities customized loans, financial coaching, and other resources to promote access to assistive technology, independence, financial resilience, and life opportunities.
Our Core Operating Values
Impact: We are focused and driven to deliver effective services.
Respect: We respond with compassion, creativity, and kindness to reduce barriers while upholding the dignity of those we serve.
Community-driven: We are led by people with disabilities for people with disabilities, and design solutions for diverse communities, perspectives, experiences, and circumstances.
Person-centered: We recognize that everyone has unique circumstances and collaborate with individuals, families, and other organizations to support access to community resources.
Our Guiding Beliefs
- In the life-changing impact of assistive technology and financial stability.
- Everyone should have affordable access to assistive technology.
- People with disabilities face institutional, attitudinal, and financial barriers that limit life opportunities.
- People with disabilities are not a uniform population and many face intersectional barriers, particularly in relation to race, ethnicity, and gender.
Who We Serve
Northwest Access Fund serves people in Washington and Oregon:
- All ages
- All incomes
- All disabilities, health conditions, and functional limitations
- We provide low-interest loans for people with disabilities and seniors to purchase assistive technology.
- We offer financial coaching services, including one-on-one financial coaching and group workshops, designed to meet the needs of people with disabilities with low-incomes or accessing social security benefits.
- We maintain up-to-date resources relevant to people with disabilities in Washington and Oregon.
IDA Program Established
Expanded Into Oregon